Team Bunting, all the way!
Team Bunting, all the way!
1. You guys, it’s hot outside. Like really hot. Yesterday I searched “why is it so (effing) hot in September” and Google just could not provide me with a solid answer. Disappointing, to say the least. Nonetheless, this month is just trucking along which can only mean one thing: the holidays are almost here! A few weeks back, I spent a little bit of time working on mock-ups for holiday cards and stamp designs for the upcoming season. All while it was 100+ degrees outside. Sounds about right.
2. On Friday I was lucky enough to meet up with my good friend Sarah + her husband Mike at Warner Brothers to take the VIP tour (led by her brother). It was the best. Really. We’re both pop culture fiends (we took the NBC tour together while in NYC last March), so it was super exciting to go behind the scenes. (Thrilling, actually.) There are a few things that I miss about Utah and Sarah is at the very top of that list.
3. While in San Diego last weekend, I spent a considerable amount of time digging through antique stores, looking for postcards of places that I’ve lived. I may or may not be planning out wedding decor in my head. Don’t tell anyone.
4. Last weekend, John and I stopped in Orange for a little Which ‘Wich (good lord, we’re obsessed) and right next door was a cute cupcake shop called Sugar Me Bakery. Quite honestly, it was the well-designed logo that caught my attention (design is everything, after all) and got me to spend a few dollars on super-rich cupcakes.
5. Anthropologie’s Fall decor. Need I say more? Sigh.
6. I’ve been to a different beach every weekend for the past couple of weeks and I plan on continuing this winning streak. Need to make up for all the time lost in landlocked Utah!
Instagram is life.
A baby shower in Murrieta on Saturday brought us down to San Diego for the evening to catch the sunset from Seaport Village. I realize Seaport Village is a total tourist trap, but it’s a beautiful one at that! Plus, if I can’t move back to San Diego anytime soon, I might as visit. A LOT. (Tourist traps included.)
Sunday was all about cuddling Baby Makenna. She lives in Oregon so unfortunately, we rarely get to see her chubby little cheeks. Sidenote: how “Makenna Is Not Impressed” is that bottom photo? HA! (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, check this out!)
Next weekend: Cambria!
Yesterday I had the absolute pleasure of photographing Jamie and Kareem for their upcoming wedding in Cambria.
I’m not even going to pretend that I have the credentials to be called a photographer, but these two let me to boss them around for a day to get a few (or a few hundred) photos of this special time in their lives. We had a great time running all over Simi, scoping out cool locations and perfect lighting conditions. Heck, there was even a wardrobe change! And even though they claimed they had no idea how to pose, I think these photos tell a very different story.
Last night, Sarah and I were lucky enough to attend the Design*Sponge crafting and book-signing event at Anthro in SLC. Talk about exciting! We only stalk her blog on a daily (sometimes hourly!) basis! (; Plus it meant I got to do a little Anthro shopping, a little champagne-drinking, and a lot of laughing with Sarah and her hilarious friends…what more could I ask for from a Tuesday night?
Missing you at work already, Sarah!
This past weekend, my mom flew out to see me and it was so nice to have her around. Despite the fact that I’m nearly a quarter century old, I’ve never outgrown the “separation anxiety” phase of life. I still miss my family + friends terribly, but luckily we’re just a short flight apart. So needless to say, having her here made things a million times better!
Chair lift + walking around Sundance.
Cupcakes at The Sweet Tooth Fairy.
Alpine Slide, Alpine Coaster + Zip Line in Park City.
Exploring Main Street in Park City by bus and foot.
Sunday shopping trip at The Gateway in SLC.
Each day was jam-packed with fun activities and let me tell you…I am beat! I think one of the best things about being the tour guide is that it feels like I’m on a vacation, even though I live here. I remember it used to be the same way when we lived in San Diego. I love having out-of-towners come visit!
Last month my cousin got married in Malibu. Needless to say, my Flip camera got LOTS of mileage that day, what with the beautiful scenery, the beautiful new couple, and plenty of wild dancing sequences (thanks in a large part to my ham of a cousin!).
My favorite part about putting videos together is finding the perfect song. I had been saving this one for a special occasion and it came together exactly as I envisioned.
I love when that happens.
Making things with my own two hands is all I ever want to do (aside from napping) and these past few weeks have been no exception. Here’s are three things that have been making me oh-so-happy lately:
1. Since I can’t bear to part with plane tickets, receipts from cool places, business cards, maps, etc, I figured I needed a place to house all of my treasures. Taking inspiration from various places + people (including Elise’s summer book, Project Life, and Amy’s minibooks), I made this little book. And because all I have to do is punch holes or stick things into envelopes, it’s SO easy to stay motivated.
It also means I have a good reason to use up all these of fun office + scrapbook supplies! FUN.
2. For four dollars, I ended up with my new favorite necklace. And here’s the craziest part of all…it’s from Lowe’s!!! While looking for cool nuts and bolts to make a bracelet, I happened upon the CHAIN SECTION. Have you SEEN the chain section? A crafter’s dream. Here’s how you do it: 1. Buy as much chain as you think you will need, 2. Connect the two ends together with a thin wire, 3. Wear everyday for the rest of your life.
3. Amy Tan has been hanging out at American Crafts all week (did you guys hear the BIG NEWS???!!!) and we’ve loved having her around. It was my job to film her as we went out + about, making stops for shopping + lunch at CK… talk about a tough assignment! HA! Mark then took all the clips and put together this cute little video of Amy presenting her line. Enjoy!
Because of my newfound love of illustration, I’ve been coming across the most visually inspiring blogs EVER.
ANNA BOND. Now, I’ve been a longtime fan of Anna’s work at Rifle Paper Co. but I had never read her personal blog before. Holy Moly! I love it so much that I read the whole thing as fast as I could. She is seriously talented and I LOVE this video about her.
LISA RUPP. I discovered Lisa’s gorgeous drawings through my co-workers and could not be more impressed. I am seriously loving her simple yet stunning style. Plus, she’s got a fun inspiration blog here.
YELLENA JAMES. I mean, just look at her work! That is all pen and ink. INSANE! Her work was even featured as part of the set design on Modern Family! If that’s not the coolest thing ever, then I don’t know what is.